Saturday, June 19, 2010

Elderly Challenge- Observation 3

This week, i visited the market to observe the elderly there. I went to the market with my mum as she is buying some groceries. What I observed for this week is that the floor in the market is slippery because of the water. If the floor is wet and slippery, elderly have a higher chance to slip and fall. The impact will be greater as their bones is fragile.

Next, i observed is that there are no lifts and escalators leading to the next level. There are only staircases and the staircases are dirty and the steps are steep. The elderly may fall. Even if they hold the railings, the railing are rusty and dirty. I managed to observe one elderly woman. She was climbing up the staircase to get to the next level. She was carrying a few plastic bag. She was having her difficulties to climb up the stair. I think she must feel pain and tired. I helped her voluntarily. I feel happy that i had done a good deed. The market should at least have a lifts or escalators at least. That is observation for week 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment